Friday, April 18, 2008

Working my Toaster Oven to the Bone.




























I've made some more Polymer Clay Scarabs...cute little devils...and some more Petroglyph Pendants. Wednesday I made Petroglyph Pendants that look like Rhodochrosite. Todays are Pistacite, pistachio nut coloured Epidote. My Scarabs from today are Sodalite-ish, blue, white and silver.



As for the pictures, the top left is the Pistacite, top right are Scarabs and a frog I made from moulds. The bottom left is the Rhodochrosite, bottom left are todays Scarabs and the one all by it's lonesome is the Scarabs I made the other day that look like Turquoise and Jade. They're all made by hand so they're all different. The clay is handrolled, no wussy pasta machine for me. LOL The colours are all blended and made into ball shapes, then flatten the bottoms and carved. After that I bake the Scarabs. In the case of the Pendants, I roll into balls, then flatten until they're wafer thin. The mould ones are more difficult for me anyways... I can't get all the little bits to show up well, but those Scarabs came out alright...The moulds came in a Make Your Own Egyptian Amulets set that I was given for Christmas a few years ago.


I also found out that my digital camera has loaded editting software on the computer...that helps my picture taking immensely...I can do all sorts of neat things with the pictures but the best thing is the cropping feature so that I can get close up pictures and more details. It's a marvelous thing...too bad I didn't think of it earlier. D'OH!


































No comments: