Sunday, April 13, 2008

First Post in my brand new Blog...

Since this is an introduction...let me tell you a bit about myself...

I'm 43, married, have a kid, 2 pet hens and 2 tanks of fish.

I'm one of those people who love to do all sorts of crafts. My bread and butter ones are DreamWeb, my version of DreamCatchers, the most well known Native American craft and Tshirts. My Tshirts have logos on them, but not like "I'm with Stupid" or things like that...no cutesy things either, but if I got the right amount...then maybe. LOL My Shirts have cultural arts on them. Mayan Jaguars, Gods from Egypt, Keltic Symbols and of course, Chickens. Can't forget them.

I'm employed part-time at a chain petshop. I love animals...except dwarf hamsters, scorpions, quaker parrots, and tiger barbs. Scorpions just creep me out badly and I've never heard of a New Englander having to shake out their slippers for fear of scorpions...
I'm also allergic to everything with fur...stupid, huh? But I get my animal fix and come home with hardly any animals...I DO get fish, though. Rather low maintenace pets...

As of now, I haven't gotten any hours at my job, so I've been listing my items on Etsy, a handcrafters paradise...of course, I keep seeing things that I like...but I'm trying to be a good girl.

I also joined POEST, Pagans of Etsy Street Team, a collaborative of Pagans that make crafts on Etsy. Yes, I am a Pagan. I have YET to turn anyone into a toad or any other life form...but there are a few folks that would come up in the world being a lower life form.

The only other things I've been working on has been some pocket amulets and talismans. Having not worked with Polymer clay in a long time, I absolutely Chernobyl-easted the first batch that I made...DO NOT leave the stuff alone in the toaster oven...jes sayin' It will do some funky things if you burn it... I'm also working on some Shrink Plastic Pendants. I have a White Horse of Uffington and a Haida Raven...

That's about it from here. I'll write more soon...I hope.

No comments: