Sunday, February 22, 2009

Should I or shouldn't I...

I've gotten wrapped up in a thread that a person started about Gemstones for anxiety...I answered and posted another link to ANOTHER thread...We all gave some input and I recalled the necklace that I had made for my mother's 55th birthday. She had made me mad with all of her crap about "I can't leave Dad alone" "I have to make him dinner" all sorts of martyr Bullshit to prove to herself that she could never have a life of her own...


If I remember correctly, I had just left World of Science and I was still into gemstones and their properties.
She needed courage and spine and even small brass balls couldn't have hurt...
So I found a carved Sterling Silver Lion. She was a Leo (July 25) but never had courage at all.
I learned that Tiger's Eye, Smoky Quartz, Jaspers and such were good for courage and strength.
So I made her this necklace from Leopardskin Jasper, Carnelian, Tiger's Eye, Smoky Quartz, Red Jasper, and Poppy Jasper in Chunks, Balls, Tubes, Lozenges, and Crescents.
But sadly she never got to wear it because my grandfather found her dead in the bathroom ntwo days before her birthday. He thinks she stroked out, but I think she was drunk, got dizzy and fell and broke her neck in falling into the bathtub. That's neither here nor there...

I made myself a set that had some of the stones that I had left over from hers. It's a necklace and earrings that I made from some beads that I bought at Michael's Craft Stores, and others that came from broken earrings that I had bought at World of Science. Come to think of it, I still have some Citrine and Peridot beads...hmmm...gonna hafta to look for those...
My set is made from wooden rice beads, Leopardskin Jasper, and Poppy Jasper.




My conundrum is should I sell these or should I hold onto them? My mother's I wore once and that was at her funeral.
My set, I wore a couple of times. And I don't wear jewelry at work because something would try and eat it.
What do you guys think??




2 comments:

BrigaBauble said...

Wow. U can honestly say (and this does not happen often) that your blog post literally stopped me in my tracks. I'd say not to sell your set because if you put it away somewhere that you're likely to forget about it, you may be surprised by the feelings you have upon re-discovering it. I have no idea what those feelings would be, just a sense that it may be an interesting discovery.

http://BrigaBauble.blogspot.com

Kathryn V. Crabbe said...

What a sad story, but I still think that the stones will tell you what to do, if you give them a chance. Maybe dream with them under your pillow at night and see what comes up?

Sparkly Blessings and hugs!
Kathy C.
http://SoulReaderBlog.blogspot.com